Friday, March 11, 2011

At the request of friends and neighbors, I am reluctantly placing my name on the ballot for Township Supervisor. I think the Township Board of Supervisors needs some help.

As a reluctant candidate, I hope and expect somebody better will win, and I will help them win, and congratulate them on their victory, and thank providence they won. I am probably just Plan B for the Democrats. If the preferred candidate wins the lottery or wimps out on us, I'll step into the hole. In our Township, the odds are really against any Democrat, since voter registration runs almost 2-1 Republican; but there may be barely enough independents and potential cross-over votes to at least make it possible to eke out a win, depending on how many Republicans actually vote. If they turn out in force, we will probably see only Republicans elected. Whatever happens, the show will go on.

No comments: